Sunday, 26 January 2014

Lucy Barker 9063 - Album Cover






This is my first draft for my album cover, I enhanced Grace's lips by making them brighter and added fake eyelashes to make her look really done-up. This works because she isn't pulling a serious face, making it look as though she is making fun of the outrageously fake popstars and showing that you can have fun. I like the overall effect of the photo because it would really stand out against all the current album covers on a shelf in Tesco, which is what we want it to do because Grace is fighting away all norms. I also like the earthy feel of the greenness and the reeds because makes it look natural and like she's standing in a forest. From feedback I've decided that a better font can be used, one that will stand out to an older audience and a teen audience but something that also looks graceful, feedback from adults has also told me that background looked like a common which is a piece of land open for public use. This wasn't intended and younger audiences may struggle to make the reference but it is affective because Grace has found the literal 'Common Ground' and she is all made-up but is still acting her usual self, which is what happens in the video.   


No comments:

Post a Comment