Monday, 13 January 2014

Plan for design of album cover by Lucy Barker

Font

For the font I want to use something clean and un-fancy because this represents Grace. For example this font, named "Alien League" is quite simple and so is "Metro". I think the "Alien League" tittle does need a thick border because it wouldn't stand out enough against a black background. I think these texts would contrast against the image because with the border, it looks quite old fashioned, but the artists image looks very new because her idea is new and never seen before.

Background

Because I'm planning on shooting Grace from the knee up I know that there will be room in the background that I want to use wisely. Artists like Adele (shown below) use plain backgrounds because they become she focus of the front cover

Where as this album cover, which is very much recognised across the world uses "Abbey Road" to make it so recognisable. This was well thought out, because as 'Britpop' was so famous at the time of the Beatles, having a shot of them in england highlights this.


I want to try taking shots of Grace behind a black background to start with, because I can add in affects (such as the gold spots shown below) in on photoshop. 




Of course it is important to consider that the theme used on the front cover will be continued on the back, for example Ellie Gouldings album back looks like this: 



No comments:

Post a Comment