Friday, 24 January 2014

Poster by Maddy Ryder

I came up with this idea for a poster featuring Grace:


i used pictures from the photo shoot to create intertextuality between the products I created. I chose this particular photo because it uses humour - Grace looks serious, but any actual seriousness is diffused by the text. 'searching for a common ground works on two levels; it related to her pose, as she appears to be looking forward, and references the title of her song and Album, 'Common ground'.

I chose to make the background black and white to make her stand out more. This also creates intertextuality between the poster and the video, which featured the materialistic characters in duller colours while Grace was shown as vibrant and energetic. Both the poster and the video create the impression of a colourful character in a dull, colourless world. The caption searching for a 'common ground' shows that she has hope, and will not accept her current situation. by doing this she is also creating hope of a better world for her fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment