Passenger - Let Her Go
This is a performative music video of the Singer/Songwriter genre, featuring many close-ups, both of the instruments and the artists themselves, especially the singer, who is shown singing and plating the guitar. This puts him into the main focus and sets him apart from the others.
He is shown as multi-talented, being able to play an instruments and sing. This creates an image for him, and ensures that he is the centre of attention in the video, and therefore the center of attention for the audience.
This is something I am very interested in for the artist featured in my own music video; I am using a fairly new, previously unknown singer, so establishing their identity and getting them in the public eye is important.
The performative nature of the video, and the use of close-ups, means that the facial expression of the artist is very important to set the tone of the video and match the music and lyrics of the song. The artist in this video is expressive, conveying through his face and the tone of his voice.
This is a feature I would like to use in my own music video, as it will feature a performative element, and I would like to match the tone of the song to the person performing in the video, in order to establish the connection between the two.
You need screen grabs of close ups etc
ReplyDelete