Friday, 4 October 2013

Similar Product Research 5 by Lucy Barker - Mumford and Sons, Hopeless Wanderer

Mumford and Sons - Hopeless Wanderer
The mise en scene and costume in this video reflect the style of music and create a look for the band, although actors are used, it is a similar look used in another of their music videos. The locations also add to the look becuase it fits in with the costume, the old barn and lack of modern buildings. There is also a concentration on the musical instruments, most shots include them. The video allows the bands personalities to shine through. This creates a representation that they are also 'real' (like Passanger) although slightly more performative. The video is performative based, although I wasn't bored, as I usually am with completley performative based music videos becuase humour was used and I think this is important becuase it makes it different and it makes the artist stand out, this is something that stands out to the audiance in the comments on youtube. The band have taken stereotypes of themselves and then used actors to exaggerate their mannerisms. This shows they are down to earth and they are using media to get across a message. I particulary liked the introduction of this music video where it etablished the tittle becuase it added to the authentic, auntique look that makes the band. This is something we have thought about because it's a common convention used in music videos and we want to include conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment